11 Aug 2009

CEMS Alumni Association - plans for 2009

Dear CEMS Alumni,

As you were already briefed by Petr Malik, I have been elected the president of the local CEMS Alumni Association. Therefore, I would like to introduce myself to those who have not had a chance to meet me in person. As well I would like to shad some light on my plans for the rest of the year.

During my studies at VSE I had spent one semester at Køng Idrætshøjskole in Denmark (Sokrates) and one semester at HEC Paris (CEMS). Since summer 2006 I have been working as a Client Training Executive for Thomson Reuters. If you want to learn more please join one of the events organized by CEMS Alumni Association! ;)

And now the plans for the rest of the year:
• I have already booked Rope Courses for Thursday 20th August at 6:30 pm. More info will follow in a separate email.
• I would like to start a tradition of CEMS Drinks being organized at different locations with specific topics from now on. Any ideas are more than welcome. The following CEMS Drink/Barbecue should take place at the end of September and I would like it to take place at my garden at Dejvice.
• Till the end of year I would like to organize several professional events. Currently I have agreed with CEZ on a presentation on electricity trading. Besides, I plan to address Prague Exchange with a request for a visit and presentation there. My own offer is a training on Reuters 3000 Xtra (application for financial markets monitoring and analysis) concluded by official certification.
• Amongst sport activities I plan to follow up with the successful wall climbing events – when the temperature and visibility becomes unbearable for any outdoor activities. As well I would like to keep up to the tradition of weekend CEMS events, such as the cross country skiing weekend during the winter. Other ideas, which need further development, are: golf, sauna…
• One of my priorities is building interconnection with CEMS students – further cooperation and better communication.

Any ideas are warmly welcome!
Best Regards
Honza Kubik

No comments:

Post a Comment